Friday, April 5, 2013

"The Cater Street Hangman" by Anne Perry

 The Cater Street Hangman

  I just love it when I meet a new friend and then we both discover our mutual love for books!  Let the recommendations begin!!  This book was recommended to me by my new good friend, Ann Marie.  Lately, I've really been reading a lot of murder mysteries, so I wondered about starting another one.  This book had wit, charm and plenty of twists and turns. I don't feel like I really got to "know" any of the characters extremely well, but since it's a series I'm hoping that the author gives you more about them in the books to come. I will definitely want to read the next book, and I'm anxious to see how the budding romance that starts in this book plays out.
  My friend who recommended this to me compared it to the "Amelia Peabody" series (by Elizabeth Peters) and said that they were just as good.  I've read the first four "Amelia Peabody" and LOVED them.  This book, in my opinion, wasn't nearly as witty and captivating as the Elizabeth Peters' series, but it was a good read.

Stars:  3 1/2
Prude Police:  I think there may have been a few little swear words...I can't remember.  But it stayed very clean.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've been searching for some new books and I have never heard of this series or the Amelia Peabody series. Now I shall read both! I just downloaded Crocodiles on the Sandbanks!

    ReplyDelete