Thursday, March 28, 2013

Decked

Decked

I have never been able to read while running on my treadmill.  It is too bouncy and too hard to turn the pages and then keep them open.  I gave up trying...until, my husband gave me my Kindle Fire for Christmas a year ago!  I learned that if I set the type big enough, I can read while I do my runs!!  It changed my life!  So, now I have books that I buy or get from the library on my Kindle that are solely for when I run on the treadmill.

A book that I read on my treadmill has to have three things:  1-)  it has to keep my interest without a lot of characters or details that I have to remember.  2-)  It can't be too long  3-)  It can't be too complicated of a plot.

This book had all three.  I think that you'd classify this as a "cozy mystery" (although my teenage daughters made fun of me when I told them that term!)  I've read a few Mary Higgins Clark and really liked them.  This author is her daughter and I wanted to see if her books were as good.  Take this review with a grain of salt remembering that I read it while gasping for air and willing my legs to do just one more mile!  That being said, it was a good little mystery that kept me interested.  It was a bit predictable, but sometimes I'm ok with that. I wanted to like the main character more, Regan Reilly, and maybe as I continue the series I will.  All in all, I liked it, but didn't love it.  It's a great "treadmill" book or "beach read".

Stars:  3
Prude Police:  a few baby swear words

1 comment: